9/06/2007

The End of The Summer

We came back to Peking University a week ago. Before that, we had a week filled with shopping and packing and of course saying goodbye to everyone.

I replay what I have experienced this summer in my mind.
I remember the first day we arrived, tired but definitly excited and curious.
I remember the first meal we had in the US was Chinese food, and so were the second and the third meals.
I remember the first time I went to my lab and met my advisor, nervous but pleasant. I remember my first Meijer trip alone, stunned by the fact that I have to walk twenty min with two heavy bags all by myself and kept complaining about the car dominant country.
I remember the first and the last movie experience at showcase, Harry Potter!
I remember the volleyball time with other REU students, we were a great team~
I remember the taste of ice cream made with liquid nitrogen, of course!
I remember the first Chinese meal we made by ourselves.
I remember the first movie I made by myself of the beta hairpin in my project.
I remember the first poster of mine and the first "international" joint meeting!
...
I remember them now and will still remember them for a long time.

Summer 2007, thank you.

It is the end of this summer, but it is also the start of a fresh year!

No comments: