7/22/2007

Harry Potter Mid-night

July 21th, 0:00
We were waiting, with thousands of people standing and excited, in the bookstore Borders. With the time coming, we count "3, 2, 1!", as if waiting for the New Year. It is the magic!

I like Harry Potter, the story, the world J. K. Rowling builds for us. And I found not only me, so many people from different countries, speak different language, with different culture and backgroud also like it and crazy for it! When Katie asked me if I want to go to the mid-night party of Harry Potter with her, I answered without doult at all: of course! Not for the reason that I like it and want to read it at first, but also for the reason that I want to feel the tide of Harry-fun here in America and make myself melt into it.

We went to the Party at 9 pm and found the store was full of people already, adults as well as kids. We first played chess which was my first time. Then we walked around. There were a lot of people dressed in the characters in the book, Harry, Hermonie, Luna and so on. Just look like a assembly of wizards. And there were also many activities about the book and magic! I tried the face painting. A lot of people would like a scar to appear on their faces just like Harry Potter, however, I choosed a posion instead of a scar because I knew I will never become Harry.

As the time came, we were all very excited, but the problem is we cannot get the book at the same time! I was very curious about how the bookstore solve this problem and how Americans would behave under this situation. When we check in, everyone got a belt with different color, and it is the color which separate us into different groups that dicided the order to get the book. The work people in the bookstore tried to organize us and keep everything in order. They first moved the color in low rank upstairs and asked us to wait patiently because it is the only way for everyone to get our books quickiest. Half an hour later, we still hadn't got our books. We were tired and upset, some were a little angry and complains spreaded out slowly, but no one actully stood out to object or took act. finally, it was our turn, we were happy but also a little regret: if know how the store make it, we can come tomorrow...

On the way home, I walked alone in the late night. The city wasn't sleep yet. Three guys stand by the street, talking. I passed by and suddenly, they turned to me and said something. I don't know why I was so composed and just walked on as if nothing happened. I was not scared at all and I got home later, still felt unbelievable. Maybe it is because I was sure that nothing would happen to me. Luckily, and interesting experience, isn't it?

No comments: