7/04/2007

We are here!!!

Yeah~

After almost sixteen hours flight, finally, we are here!



Every thing is great! The apartment, the weather, and the view!


We have the first dinner here in a Chinese restaurant. And the second meal Chinese too, and the third meal Chinese again... We are kind of sick of American Chinese food now, for they really taste different and honestly not so good. Fortunately, we have an American food for the fourth meal in "bd", a buffet dinner of barbecue, it is great.


Happily for me, I order the new Harry Potter here and have planed to go to the midnight with our guaid Katie! I am so excited.



We also got our account yesterday and we can write a check to pay now, which I have never used before !


We went to Meijer, a big suppermarket, yesterday and bought a lot of stuff. And we bought the so-called "cereal" for our breakfast which we saw one guy lives with us have for breakfast yesterday morning. I hope I will like it~


We have dinner with the professors and our graduate student mentor yesterday. Everyone met their advisor or mentor except me! My advisor and mentor were not here and Prof. Coppola said humorously that I will have a lab to work with.


And there are some problems we have to work on. First of all, the languge. Althrough we can listen and speak, we can understand and be understand most of the time, we still run into trouble now and then because our incorrect pronunciation and poor vocabulary. However, I am confident that I can make progress to communicate fluently in a few days!



Ok, I like it so far and I am sure we will have a great time here~



Some photos we take:



the Oxford Housing we live in. Isn't it great?!




neighborhood





The house of the president of UM










No comments: