8/13/2007

Chicago, Hi & Bye (2) --- City view

Before the trip, I got an imagination of myself about what it is going to look like in the big city in the US. I have imagined the tall buildings side by side standing so near in front of us and taking our breath away, I have imagined the hurry and wave of crowd running after their destination and the fast life pace and I also have imagined the high rate of crime. All of these are partly proved to be true. I saw the most tallest building ever in my life and in such a unbelievable density:









And the people do walk realy fast:



And I have heard more three times of the beeping of police car or emergency car.

So I may think that living in a city like this is scary and uncomfortable at all.

However, what I saw which is what I haven't and cannot imagine is a beautifully and comfortablly agree between the nature and the city. We can see the birds flying in the forest of buildings and so many parks around us, entertaining us.





Water, yes, water, that is the impressive view Chicago left to me. Not to say the great Michigan Lake, the Chicago River, the Fountain has already made me forget every unhappiness. Just take a day off and lie on the beach of the Lake and there is nothing more relaxing than that. What supprised is that the lake and the river are in such a fitness with the whole city or we can say the whole city is so harmonic to them. The sound of water, cars, laughters all came together to my ears and doesn't become noise but a symphony instead. It is really amazing.









And the city got something knocking our minds out, some fancy staff as well:



Maybe not very clearly, can you see the small box after the bike? There is a baby in it! I've never seen someone carrying their babies like that! And please look carefully, there is not a single car at all in the most busiest street! That is the red light, hehe



We have seen many luxious cars like this one in Chicago. But what I want you to see is the motorcycle on the up right of the photo. It is because the speed of the motorcycle that makes these two fancy lines. There is a competation of motorcycle that night, I think, it is really cool!



A really interesting thing. You can see the whole view and yourself as well in this mirror-like thing.

And there are still a lot of interesting staff we have seen or wait us to see next time. We really had a great time in this fantastic city, attracted by its harmony, its amazing view, sound and smell.

No comments: