8/03/2007

Poster Session of others

I "sneaked" into the bus and went to the poster session of REU students today. Because I didn't do any poster, it is more like a sneaking rather than something decent : )
It is pretty far and it is out of Michigan. So I have been to more than one state of the United State now, cool!
I really like the idea of poster! It makes students comunicate and learn more out of their own field. I have never done something like that before but I wish I can make it next week. Every poster is dedicated with a lot of effort and you can get further information from the author just beside it and ask and express as well. I have seen a lot of interesting poster today and some are even so beyond my understanding which excited me actually. There is one guy doing sythesis with enzyme and almost all the words in title knocked my mind out. However, with his explanation I am familiar with those words now. And there is another guy who also opened my mind with the idea of eject the DNA. It is an amazing experience to meet and talk to these students who have achived a great job during this summer and surprised me by their professional and confidence.
In the presentation part, I was even more surprised. How did they manage to make it so brilliant and without any mistake in their speech, fluent, clear and with humor. So impressive. I saw the huge distance between them and us which makes me anxious and nervous.
A little interlude. They provided us with liquid nitrogen to make icecream! Genius!

No comments: